Which do you think should come first

I wish to have my smile "adjusted". I never liked the look of my teeth but couldn't avoid to make an improvement in my earlier years. Now in my 40's I can. I have an overbite, teeth are dull looking, I have fillings in the front teeth and 1 crown (the color matches the rest of my off-white teeth). I do believe that I have used tetracycline in my early years, so my teeth are not yellowed, more grey. In terms of procedures to correct all of the above, what should I do and in what in which order?

A Simple Sequence to Treatment When You Have Several Concerns With Your Smile.

+3

First I would encourage you to schedule a consultation visit (Since it looks like you're in Atlanta, I'm here too, and I would be happy to take the time to see you and offer some advice).  At this visit we can have a look at all of your concerns and create a few options to reach your desired outcome for your smile and for your bite.  One option is whiten everything to the shade that you like - and then replace the fillings/bonding/crown to match that nice white color -- and it's hard to tell from your photo, but it looks like you might have other asymmetries in your smile...when you come in, we will take digital images of your smile and discuss all of your wants and needs.  We will come up with a few customized treatment plans, so that you can choose the best one that suits all of your needs.  You can call (770) 998-3838 or email me (susanestep@gmail.com) to get started.  I hope to see you soon.  Sincerely, Dr. Estep.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Sequence of smile makeover

+3

From your brief letter it is obviuos that you need a good professional restorative specialist such as Prosthodontist to help you with your smile makeover. It is exactely what Prosthodontist do - analyses, diagnoses and gives you a plan what should be done and when, in order to achieve the best esthetic result. Keep in mind that esthetics is very closely related with function so it is very important to find a balance and harmony between those two. Please take my advise and find a specialist so that you can enjoy the your smile to the fullest. Good luck!

Zina Kaleinikova, DDS, MS
Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Smile improvement and anterior smile aesthetics

+3

In the situation when the patient is not happy about the way his smile looks, it is important to define all the problems in the mouth and prepare the comprehensive treatment plan. The color and shape of the teeth can be improved with whitening and porcelain veneers. But the smile and teeth also have posterior sides and the condition of the bite is extremely important. You should consult with experienced restorative dentist to discus the options of the treatment to improve your smile.

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

How to sequence dental treatment

+3

The best way to improve tetracycline stained grey teeth is with porcelain veneers. As far as your overbite is concerned: unless your dentist is very well trained in occlusion, I would be worried that the veneers will crack prematurely unless the overbite situation is corrected either with the veneers or with orthodontic (possibly Invisalign) treatment first.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

When thinking about improving your smile

+2

When thinking about improving your smile, first  find a qualified cosmetic dentist who has had great experience and education in not only cosmetic dentistry, but also reconstructive dentistry. One who is familiar with musculature, and occlusal (bite ) issues, 

She/ He will then take models of your teeth, make a mock up of the future smile design, you'll go over your options with her/him, and then proceed to whiten your teeth first, and then improve the look and color by veneer placement. 

Rule of  Thumb is that you veneer all those teeth that you see when you give yourself  a big smile in the mirror !

good luck  0:-)

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Smile Adjustments Are Fun

+2

Great question!  I recommend going to your dentist and ask what recommendtions they have first.  I  would go see an orthodontist and make sure your bite is stable.  The next step is making sure your gum level is even.  Kor Deep Bleaching works wonders for whitening teeth.  Take the time to whiten and once that is complete, re-evaluate your needs with your dentist and decide what is needed next.  If your teeth are not white enough, you may need veneers, If you look great except for a few areas, then do the needed fillings and crown and you are done!!  It is always a journey so be flexible.  Finding the right dentist is always the most important.  Dr. Susan Rifkin is a great dentist in Atlanta-

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Smile Makeover and Correct Sequence for treatment

+2

The first question is do you have any headaches? clicking or popping in your joints? facial pain or facial asymmetry? neckaches?  This would be red light that you may have some TMJ issues that need to be addressed as it will affect the long term stability and longevity of your care.

Many times the lower jaw gets locked in by the upper front teeth which is why I mentioned this as you stated you have a deep bite. Take a look at the whole picture before you start.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Ready for a Smile Makeover!!

+2

Its really difficult to see much detail in the picture but from your description it sounds like mismatched colors of some older dental materials.  A simple solution may be some whitening and perhaps a number of porcelain or composite veneers to match up your teeth and give them a boost.   There are a large variety of materials and techniques that can be used to restore the life and youth in your smile.  Choose an experienced dentist that has a track-record of outstanding work with porcelain veneers and crowns, composite restorations and you will not be disappointed with the results.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist