Combining Active FX, IPL, Fillers and Chemical Peel?

Is it advisable to do Active FX, IPL, fillers and a Chemical peel all on the same day. This is the suggestion of my doctor.

Is it expensive and redundant? Wouldn't down time be very painful and prolonged?

It seems unusual

+1

It does seem unusual to do these treatments at the same time on the same area. A light chemical peel might prepare the skin for a fractional CO2 laser treatment or even an IPL treatment, however, and perhaps this is the combination that was recommended. Filler injections can be done with any of the above.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too much at once?

+1

ActivFX, chemical peel and Ipl all have similar effects on the skin, albeit at somewhat differnt depths and in different ways. Used in the same area at the same time it would seem to be redundant. Are you certain your doctor intends to apply them in the same areas sequentially? Sometimies we do three different resurfacing techniques at the same time, but in different areas - such as ActivFx on the cheeks, chemical peel on the lip and IPL on the forehead. Fillers can be done at the same time as a resurfacing procedure, either before of after.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

There is redundancy here

+1

I am not sure there is a benefit to all these treatments, except to your doctor, of course. How much is he or she trying to charge you for all that? There is redundancy here at the very least.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon