Will Combined Lipo of Flanks Upper Abs and a Full to Give Me Desirable Results? (photo)

Im nervous as to what type of results i will receive from lipo of abs and flanks and a full tt with muscle tightening? I am a mother of 4 and i have small legs and arms etc. i am hoping not to have a scar coming from my belly button down but just the scar from hip to hip. I hope someone can give me a picture in my mind of what to expect. Thank you.

Tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

• Your plan sounds very good.
  • The tummy tuck incision should only be the hip-to-hip incision,
  • There will also be one around the belly button
  • Your skin is loose enough that a vertical incision can be avoided.
  • Hope this helps. Enjoy your result. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck with liposuction

+2

I think the procedure will give yuo the result yuo are after.  Liposuction alone would leave excess loose skin, and a tummy tuck alone would not address the fullness in the upper abdomen or flanks.  Combined the tummy tuck with liposuction should give yuo the result you are after.

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+2

Greetings, you are an excellent candidate for a liposuction of back, sides and waist along with a standard tummy tuck (full), I am sure that  you will have very good results, also if you want the fat extracted from the  lipo  could be grafted into the buttocks and achieve a more defined contour  and curves, good luck

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures and stated goals, I think you may be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  You should be able to “get a picture in your mind of what to expect” by viewing the attached link.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I have also attached some advice that I provide to my patients who are about to go tummy tuck surgery:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery. 

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Candidate for an abdominoplasty with liposuction

+2

From your photographs it appears that  you would be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty with liposuction of the upper back, posterior flanks and hips.  This combination with restore your hourglass figure and definitely improve your contour.

Extended Horizontal Tummy Tuck Is Needed

+2

An extended horizontal tummy tuck (no vertical incision) should work just fine for you. Additional liposuction, as you have mentioned, is also needed for the flanks and the upper abdominal area.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tummy tuck and liposuction

+2

It would help to see photos, but in general I do not perform abdominal liposuction at the same time as a full tummy tuck.  

Abdominoplasty scar choices

+2

Hi Noodles86

Your photos look like you will do just fine with a standard (full) abdominoplasty with muscle tightening and flank liposuction. It is unlikely that you will need a vertical component to your skin excision.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck procedure

+2

An extended tummy tuck with lipo will do the trick for you. No vertical incision needed. You do have what looks to be significant rectus diastasis or muscle laxity from your 4 children and repair of this will make a huge difference. Please seek a consultation from several board certified plastic surgeons to pick one who makes you feel most comfortable. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty with Liposuction

+2

Yes, it appears that you will benefit greatly from Abdominoplasty with Liposuction.  It is unlikely that you will need a vertical component.  However, you will likely need a lengthy horizontal incision to remove all of your excess skin.  However, that incision will be well worth that potential results that you can achieve.  That combined with muscle tightening would be a good operation for you, assuming that you have been evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD