How to Successfully Combine Microdermabrasion and Tretinoin Treatement for Under Skin Microkystes?

I met a generalist doctor with a PH.d in cell biology specializing in skin diseases who prescribed me a tetrinoin treatment (Retin-A Micro 0.04%) knowing I want to preform ongoing microdermabrasion treatments over the next year (once a month for the first 6 months and then once every 2 months for the rest of the year). I am 29 years old and am tired of my microkystes (non-inflammatory). How should I proceed?

Treatment of small facial cysts

+1

Combining microdermabrasion with the mildest form of tretinoin cream is not likely to be the most effective way to treat small facial cysts (called milia). I recommend you see a physician who really specializes in skin diseases, a board certified dermatologist, for a proper evaluation and treatment plan. Microdermabrasion is simply a gentle abrasive technique to give improvement in appearance and texture of the skin. It is not likely to help with removing cysts. Tretinoin cream is likely to be more effective in higher strengths. There are also many other forms of treatment that are quite effective for eliminating small facial cysts which includes something as simple as treating each cyst individually with electrocautery.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/obagi-medical-systems/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon