Can I combine coolsculpting and velashape?

If so are they done at the same appointment or how long after coolscupting can I then do velashape. I have a lot of loose skin.

You can combine.

+1
Coolsculpting is FDA approved to reduce fat but not to tighten loose skin. After you are done with coolsculping you can wait a few days and have a skin tightening procedure like thermage. A combination of both will give you the best results.

CoolSculpting and loose skin

+1

CoolSculpting will not improve loose skin. Many of our patients do elect to have laser skin tightening following or even prior to Coolsculpting if they have skin they would like to firm up. We do not recommend the treatments the same day, but they can be treated within several days of each other.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1

These two modalities can be combined however, significant loose skin is not usually improved substantially by the VelaShape. Loose skin typically reduces the efficacy of any of the fat reducing modalities as all fat removal tends to make loose skin more loose. The skin tightening benefits of many of the technologies in existence at the present time often are not as powerful to tighten significantly lax skin as many of us require. Unfortunately, substantial skin laxity does not tend to make one a great candidate for CoolSculpting

Janet Turkle, MD