Can I combine an abdominal myomectomy with a mini tummy tuck?

I am at my ideal weight, physically fit, 46 years old, controlled high blood pressure.

Combining GYN procedure with tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question.  GYN procedures are commonly combined with a tummy tuck.  However you need to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion and have that surgeon communicate with your GYN surgeon so that both surgeons are in agreement that this is safe and appropriate for you.

Combination surgery is common

+1
It is a common request that when someone is having one procedure done, especially when it is paid for by insurance like with many gyn procedures, to consider haing a cosmetic surgery, like a tummy tuck, done at the same time.  There are several advantages to this which may include decreased operating room costs and combining the recoveries into one period which may lead to less time off of work or a better ability to use time off of work.  You must also consider that combining surgeries does increase some of the surgical risk; nothing that would prohibit having surgery, but this is something you will discuss with both your gynecologist and your plastic surgeon.  I wish you the best of luck in whatever surgery you choose.  

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Tummy Tuck in combination with other procedures

+1
It is very typical to combine a mini or full tummy tuck with OBGyn procedures and in this case it can be done!  The tummy tuck is outpatient so it would be up to your OB surgeon to decide if you need to stay overnight in the hospital.  Your stitches are dissolvable and underneath your skin.  You will have a drain for the first week and it is pulled out in the office.  Before you know it, you will be recovered from surgery and have a new flat beautiful abdomen!  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon