Is the Combination of Glycolic Acid and Retin-A Too Harsh a Regime for Dehydrated Sensitive Skin?

I'm 33 years old and have been using an 8% glycolic acid exfoliating day cream and Retin-A at night to improve slight acne scarring from my teens. My skin is flaky, sensitive and dehydrated. When I smile I have fine lines on my entire face. Is the long term use of these two products together not too harsh for my skin? Or should I be using a product with hyaluronic acid, plus something with anti aging benefits? I need moisture! What products can I use?

Solution to Retin A Irritation

+1

Many patients can develop skin irritation from a topical retinoid.  One option to minimize the irritation is to use the topical retinoid every other night or every third night until the skin adjusts and can tolerate a more frequent regimen.

Houston Dermatologist

Retin A and glycolic acid

+1

Retin A and glycolic acid is a good combination, it will not improve your acne scars.

If you are dry, then use moisturizers very very frequently