Combi Tuck Vs Traditional Tummy Tuck

I went to Allure spa to get a price on a combi tuck. The doctor told me that he would lipo out what ever I could grab (8 lbs of fat abs and flanks) The dr.then told me my stomach wouldn't be flat and I'd still have all my stretch marks and cut hip to hip like in a traditional tummy tuck. I asked him what's different in a traditional tummy tuck he went on about how he cant lipo me and the cutting styles different. I want my hernia and muscle repaired he ignored that part. Combi price 6500

No one in her right Mind would have a Tummy Tuck in a Spa

+3

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind even consider undergoing a surgical procedure in a spa? When did massages, facials begin to be done along side invasive surgical procedures such as Liposuction and Tummy Tuck?

I SERIOUSLY doubt that a real Plastic surgeon (IE a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons - www.PlasticSurgery.org , ALL of whose members are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, the ONLY American Board of Medical Specialties (www.abms.org) board which certifies surgeons is Plastic surgery of the face and body) would be " employed" by or moonlighting in a spa and operate on you under these unsafe conditions. Odds are you are dealing with a wannabe plastic surgeon whose low fees would be well reflected in the ultimate results.

You REALLY need to reconsider.

Beware surgery offered through spas

+1

Hi there-

I can't imagine a situation where a reputable surgeon would offer you an operation with a cute name, a poor explanation of why it is the recommended option for you, and a poor explanation of your alternatives.....

In fact, these are the fundamental requirements of obtaining your consent for surgery.

When considering cosmetic surgery, I always recommend you do your homework and find a good SURGEON FIRST, and then worry about the procedure and its costs...

Armando Soto, MD

Tummy tuck second opinion

+1

I concur with my colleagues.

You may want to seek several other opinions.  The logic (of lack thereof) of any plan will soon become apparent when you talk with several board certified plastic surgeons.

Unless you are a real risk taker, you should obviously not have surgery in a facility that is not accredited by anybody who is not board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tummy tuck is safe and effective.

+1

Hi.

Your intuition to be skeptical is correct.  I never heard of combi tuck, and I have long experience.  Must be a gimmick, specially since it is associated  with a spa.  Avoid any operation with a trade mark or a catchy name.  They  are all about marketing.

Sounds like you need a good tummy tuck with some liposuction. These two things are safe to do together if the tummy tuck is done with the minimal undermining technique.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Combi tuck vs traditional tummy tuck

+1

Sounds like you need another opinion ASAP! Without photos we really can not answer exactly what is needed. Sounds like a FULL or extended tummy tuck.

Good Luck from MIAMI Dr. B