Columella One Year Post Op? (photo)

Hi Doctors! I am finally at 11.5 months post op septorhino. My nose has improved a lot, but my columella still hangs a little. It hangs less than an inch past where my nostril bases finish. Is this likely to rise a little bit more? I told my surgeon I want a shorter, ski slope nose. Also, at this stage, is decreasing sodium likely to have a PERMANENT effect? As in, if i consume less sodium for a week or two, will the swelling come back when i start consuming sodium again? Thank you heaps!

Columella One Year Post Op?

+1

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for your photo and question.  There will not likely be any change in your columella with more time or change in salt intake.  However, on your front photo, there does not appear to be a noticable issue.  If you post before and after photos full face of front and side profiles, we would be able to give you better advise.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hanging columella treatment after 1 year.

+1

Hanging columella treatment after 1 year is easy and can be done under local anesthesia in the doctors office. It will not change so you should discuss this with your surgeon now.

Rhinoplasty and columella

+1

Dear Katherine1990,

1. The position of the columella is unlikely to change after 6 months or so
  2. It is a relatively easy problem to address if it needs a touch up
  3. I would speak to your surgeon regarding your concerns
  4. As for the sodium, it will not have a permanent effect, you may just notice a little overall swelling if you have a salty food day

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/revision-rhinoplasty.html

Columella

+1

it's impossible to comment without seeing both before and after photos, from the front and side. I would suggest discussing these issues with your surgeon who should be the best at being able to give advise at this point. Regarding your question about sodium - I do not think that it should have any long term effect at this point. Eating a lot of salt though can cause some generalized swelling in your body due to water retention.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/procedures/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty/