Columella Too Low Upper Lips Too High Teeth Showing? (photo)

My philtrum and upper lip looks too short for my face. My septum might be too short too that my columella is hanging too high. To achieve my desired shape of my upper lip, I would have to pull my columella down as shown in the picture which effectively pushes my upper lip downward. Is there any solution to this? I want the shape of my upper lip to be like the shape of it when I'm pulling my columella down. Also, my nose is too wide and bulby. Can that too be corrected all at once?

Septal extension graft to correct retracted columella

+1

A cartilage graft called a septal extension graft can hep to push down your columella like you are demonstrating with your fingers.  When designed correctly it can help to balance the look of your upper lip.  Reducing the width and bulbosity of your nose can easily be addressed during rhinoplasty.  You can expect the best, most natural results with a surgeon who specializes in Asian rhinoplasty.  

Short upper lip unrelated to columella

+1

I'm not sure if nose surgery will affect the position of your upper lip.  Generally, lowering your columella has minimal affect on the upper lip position.

Sometimes, the amount of "show" of your upper lip can be reduced with a small implant placed below the columella.  This reduces the upward movement of the upper lip during smiling. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lengthening the Columella during Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You have mentioned several areas that you like to improve. However, your photos only showed limited anatomy and single angle which makes it difficult to fully evaluate. Generally, to lengthen your nose and lower your columella would require the use of cartilage graft, most commonly taken from your nasal septum. Nasal tip refinement can also be done at same time. 

Stewart Wang, MD FACS

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Retracted columella and short upper lip.

+1

A rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting can lengthen your columella and upper lip. The tip can be refined as well. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.