Columella Scar Worse After Scar Revision; Lopsided Nose, What Can I Do? (photo)

I wanted a scar revision done on notched columella following an open rhinoplasty i had it revised by the same sugeon 4 weeks ago, now its shorter on one side with a notch and looks horrible and deformed and lobsided, im so upset and would like some advice as im to embarassed to leave the house,will i ever be able to fix this mess??

Columellar scar

+1

i agree that it is quite visible now

however you are only 4 wks post op

take a deep breath and be patient

i would wait another 3 months before you even think about it again and don't consider it final until you get to 12 months

it is quite visible now - but i will bet yo that at one year it will be much less so

the nostril shape is an other issue, it might be due to the scar but more likely partly due to the shape and position of the under lying cartilage (the lower lateral cartilages, and there may be some cuadal spetal deviation)

an exam would be essential to make further comment

Columella Scar Worse After Scar Revision; Lopsided Nose

+1

The short answer is yes, it can most likely be fixed.  However, you really do need to sit with your surgeon, have him/her examine you, express your concerns and allow your surgeon to address the problem.  It’s difficult to tell from your photo, but I do not think that this is an insoluble problem. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Columella Scar Worse After Scar Revision; Lopsided Nose.

+1

Hi,

Youi should consider a second opinion with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. You also may want to wait at least 6 to 12 months before doing a  third surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Columellar Scar and Lopsided Nose

+1

I recommend that you get a second opinion from a revision rhinolasty surgeon to discuss your scar, your wide asymmetrical tip, and a possibly deviated septum. Depending on when you had your original rhinoplasty, you can have surgery to improve your appearance.