Tummy Tuck or Alternatives?

If I get a tummy tuck at 24 can I never have kids or what would be the risk if I got the tummy tuck and still wanted kids.Also If not a full tummy tuck then what is another option for getting rid of my lower belly pouch because no matter how much I workout and eat right or how many rounds of insanity I do the pouch never goes away

Tummy Tuck or Alternatives?

+1

I would have to examine you to determine if liposuction or a skin removal procedure would help you more.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy Tuck and Pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said I advise my patients to wait to have a tummy tuck until after their final pregnancy. A pregnancy after a tummy tuck can undo the surgery so a second tummy tuck would be required.

Without seeing any photos, you may be a candidate for liposuction in the meantime. My best advice is to find a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in abdominoplasty. There are many different types of tummy tucks so you want to be examined by a plastic surgeon who can offer you the best advice.

Please read the link below. I have written about the various types of tummy tucks and included before and after photos.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck or Alternatives?

+1

Pregnancy following tummy tuck surgery is possible and is not dangerous, but if you plan on future pregnancies, you should wait to have a full tummy tuck with muscle repair until you are done having children, since pregnancy will stretch out the skin and abdominal muscles again, usually undoing the repairs that were achieved with the abdominoplasty. In that case, a secondary tummy tuck to repair recurrent muscle laxity or loose skin may be beneficial.

Most plastic surgeons would suggest that you finish having children before undergoing a full abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles.

There are other options that exist for the appropriate patient: A wedge excision of the lower abdominal excess tissue without repair of the muscle, liposuction in conjunction with the wedge excision, or liposuction alone.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Alternatives?

+1

Thank you for the question, but good advice would necessitate in-person consultation. During this consultation, the full history, physical examination, and a careful communication vehicles will be critical in determining the best course of action to take.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Having said that, patients who have had previous tummy tuck operations are able to complete pregnancies in the future. Of course, additional surgery may be necessary to improve the abdominal wall appearance after additional pregnancies.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Tummy tuck is safe

+1

You can have a tummy tuck and still have kids, the only thing is that some of the effects of the tummy tuck might be reverted with pregnancy but besides that, there is no real reason why you should not have a tummy tuck and then have children. til it is best to have a tummy tuck after you have had the children you wish to have, but if life happens and you have another child after tummy tuck there is no real risk in having a tummy tuck, assuming for preexisting conditions exetera.

Jonathan Fisher, MD