2 Syringes Jowl Area Barely Noticeable? (photo)

I just had 2 syringes of juvederm in my marionette lines 4 days ago. I can barely notice a difference. Is the chin area tougher to treat and usually needs more product after age 55? It seems as though my n-folds even look more prominent now too. Will it look better with time or am I just out the $$. I only wish it werent so expensive! 

Marionette line filler

+1

Before and after pictures are helpful in cosmetic procedures for comparison. Dermal atrophy can cause folds that can be softened with injectables, but may never fully reach your aesthetic expectations without a surgical procedure. Which brand of Juvederm was used? If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be more than happy to see you, and assess what may help to meet your expectations. Best of luck!

2 Syringes Jowl Area Barely Noticeable?

+1

From the photos provided the Marrionette Lines do appear to be filled in somewhat.  These lines are formed when Jowls are present indicating a degree of facial aging and laxity.  Further facial rejuvenation can be accomplished with a minimal incision Facelift to reduce the jowls.  Hope this helps.

Juvederm for marionette lines

+1

The amount of Juvederm required depends on the amount of volume loss, which is different for each individual.  It takes about 2 weeks to see the full effect of your treatment.  If you are still not happy, please return to your doctor.  If he is experienced, he will be able to tell if you require some Juvederm in your cheeks to help lift loose skin which can help the marionette lines.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

2 Syringes Jowl Area Barely Noticeable?

+1

Juvederm can help with marionette lines or the nasolabial folds, but true jowling is properly addressed with a lower face and neck lift. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Juvederm in marionette lines

+1

Without your pre-injection photos, its difficult to comment on your results.  As an alternative, fat grafting can be permanent and over time, cheaper then dermal fillers. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Juvederm Filler to correct the Jowls area.

+1

The amount of Juvederm or Retylane / Perlane filler needed to correct the jowls area depends on the amount of volume loss and skin laxity that the face has. I would recommend to see your set of Before and After fillers pictures to more accurately determine the degree of improvement you have achieved. On average, two syringes of Juvederm for this area exclusively, should offer a nice improvement but might not correct it completely. Also, the choice of fillers is important. The Juvederm Ultra Plus, or in combination with the Juvederm Ultra, is preferable for this area. 

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for folds with age

+1

Sometimes patients need more fillers that one would expect. It sounds like this is the case for you if you are not satisfied.

2 Syringes Jowl Area Barely Noticeable?

+1

Unfortunately, everyone is different in how much volume they need to get the desired results. In terms of expense, you may want to consider fat transfer, expense is higher initially but can use more volume and it will last longer than fillers.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Juvederm for marionette lines and jowls

+1

Sometimes patients need more filler to get the desired result, sometimes fillers can never completely correct this and surgery will additional benefit and sometimes the technique of the doctor or nurse injecting it is poor or mediocre and the filler won't be able to do what it can do.  Looking at your photo it doesn't appear to me that you need a facelift yet, so perhaps you just need more filler or a better injector.  Make sure you choose a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who personally injects a lot to ensure you are in the best, most experienced hands.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers: Value and Expectations

+1

There is no doubt that fillers work.  However, it is the volume used and the aging changes present at the start of treatment which determine outcomes and satisfaction.  Applying fillers to an area in which the patient has expectations of surgical (Facelift) outcomes will invariably lead to an unhappy patient.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon