Nose job for Asian Indian Female--lots of conflicting opinions from surgeons. What would you do? (photo)

I have been looking for a plastic surgeon in Columbus, OH to perform a nose job on me. I am overwhelmed because I like all the doctors I have met but they all seem to have different opinions on how to bring balance to my face: Conservative approach: Use Botox to reduce droopiness of nose tip and to reduce masseter muscle. Drastic approach: bring up tip of nose, bring down alar (sp?) and reduce the width of the nose and refine the tip. I do not know a thing about facial aesthetics. Help!

Rhinoplasty needed for real change

+1

I don't think Botox will offer any significant improvement in your nose. It is difficult to tell from your photos if masseter injection is desirable. My approach with Asian rhinoplasty is to several small maneuvers like narrowing your base and elevating your hanging columella. Sometimes a subtle dorsal augmentation can also help. I would suggest you seek out an experienced nose surgeon, possible someone with computer imaging capabilities so that they can show you the plan visually.

Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty for Droopy and Long Nose

+1
All of the issues that you have with your nose are surgical in nature and substantial improvement is very achieveable. Changing the cartilage structure of the tip of your nose and narrowing your nostrils will make its shape less droopy and give it a more refined and less long look. Botox in not an effective or long-term stratetgy to your nasal tip problems although it can help narrow the masster muscles along the back of the jawline. Choose a plastic surgeon that has the same vision that you have for how you want the tip of your nose to look and can help you see those changes with some preoperative computer imaging.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nose job for Asian Indian Female

+1

Based on your photo- in order to achieve your best looking elegant nose I would do the following: Reduce the cartilage volume of your tip, improve your profile if needed achieving a more feminine appearance. In addition, I would narrow your bones and reduce your nostrils if needed. I have dealt with these type of noses many times and using my techniques would be able to achieve all of your goals including eliminating the nasal tip drop when you smile.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Indian Rhinoplasty

+1

The best approach in my opinion is to address the hanging columella (droopy tip) and wide alar base(nostril flare/width). I would plan on correcting the hanging columella with a tongue and groove technique with permanent sutures. The wide alar base could be addressed with excision of the alar lobule (weir excisions). It is hard to suggest changes to the bridge of your nose without seeing a profile view of your nose. The ultimate goal of any rhinoplasty is to move focus from the nasal aesthetics to the features of ones face that are typically commented on by others such as lips, eyes or hair. This goal will more reliably be accomplished by only researching physicians that focus primarily on rhinoplasty surgery.

George T. Moynihan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job for Asian Indian Female--lots of conflicting opinions from surgeons. What would you do?

+1

This really depends upon what you want. I think that a reducing the hanging columella with alar base reduction will produce the greatest change. Tip reduction and bridge narrowing could further refine the nose. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Indian rhinoplasty help!

+1

I would rotate your tip up slightly, refine it by reducing and suturing the tip cartilage, trim the septum at the lower end to let your columella tuck up. I can't tell if you have a hump from your photos, but I would address that if its present.

Cheers

David Shifrin, MD