Multiple Procedure At One Time?

Is it possible to get a Tummy Tuck, Arm lipo, Breast Aug & Fat transfer to lips all done at the same time or would that have to be two seperate procedures.I am 24 in good health,exercise and eat right daily, no illnesses or other types of sicknesses. If not how long would I have to wait before I could get the second procedure done. I am wondering because I want to have all my procedures done within the next 3 months. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Multiple procedures with a TT

+2

Dear BodyRomance,

I disagree with all my male colleagues here: you should split the procedures.

first, I assume you are finished with having babies at 24 for a tummy tuck ? if not, then hold off. you would not need to go for this procedure if you think you may get pregnant again within the next couple of years since this will stretch your abdominal wall and skin again.

second, yes, there are different types of tummy tuck, and I do not know which one you need, ranging from a mini to a full. but it will mean no exercise for 6 weeks, and pain in your lower abdomen.

if you undergo a breast augmentation at the same time, this will mean longer recovery, and pain in your chest and abdomen.

I assume you have a busy life, filled with work, kids, and family...like all of us. This is what I would tell you if you were my patient:

split the procedures: have the breast surgery with the lipo on your arms. within 1 week, you will be moving around quite well, and you can exercise at 3 weeks.

6 months later, if no more babies, then you can undergo the tummy tuck.

this will be way safer for you, the procedures will be faster ( less than 2.5 h ) with less chances of blood clots, and faster recovery to enjoy your life and kids.

Good luck

Florence Mussat

312-751-9000

Multiple Procedures At One Time?

+1

Thank you for the question. Combination surgical procedures are done on a routine basis. However,  it is best to evaluate each patient on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY  of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  Factors such as selection of plastic surgeon,  exact procedures planned, estimated blood loss, duration of surgery,  recovery considerations, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility are all important  considerations.

Can Multiple Procedures Be Performed at One Operation.

+1

It should be fine to have the procedures that you discussed performed at the same operation. Having multiple procedures is safe in the right setting. It will offer some financial benefit, but most of all, it allows for one recovery. It would be best to keep the operative time less than 6 hours. Choose your surgeon carefully and make sure that they have extensive experience in this type of surgery. An overnight stay in the surgical facility would be an option, but not mandatory. Good luck on your journey.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Multiple Surgical Procedures At the Same Time #tummytuck

+1

It is all about safety and risk stratification. The procedures you mention I would not have an issue with doing all at the same time if you are healthy. You may need an overnight stay but that is up to you and your surgeon.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Multiple Procedure At One Time?

+1

When considering multiple procedures at one time, it is important to keep in mind two things: the duration of anesthesia and the recovery time after multiple procedures.In general, keeping the surgical time under 6 hours total keeps the complication rate down.I would talk to your plastic surgeon to see how long he or she would need to perform all those surgeries at once.In addition, you and your plastic surgeon would have to discuss how long it would take for you to recover.In general, the first week after abdominoplasty, you will need to use your arms to help pull yourself out of bed to standing, so having having arm liposuction at the same time may be more difficult than one after another.These are the two bigger surgeries to recover from, the breast augmentation and fat transfer should not impact your recovery time as much as the abdominoplasty and arm liposuction.I would recommend that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

+1

Hello. Yes, all those procedures can be done in a single operation, provided you are in good health. Make sure the doctor you choose has plenty of experience doing these types of cases.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Multiple Procedures Performed at 1 Time

+1

Good Morning,

Yes, this is possible and safe. All procedures may take up to 3 - 3.5 hours. Many of my patients combine surgeries as it may save money on anesthesia and facility and also, they'd rather go through all the healing at one time to avoid missing work.

More importantly, choose a surgeon who has superb credentials and ask to view several before and afters. I hope this helps.

Dr. G

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

Yes combing those procedures shouldn't be a problem and would take around 3.5-4 hrs depending on how difficult the tt is. Good luck

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Multiple Procedure At One Time?

+1

Yes, these procedures can be performed at the same time, and the operation would last about 3 hours.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy Tuck and More Done at One Time?

+1

It is possible to have all these procedures done at the same time. The fact that you are young and in good health is an important factor. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get a personal evaluation. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD