My Bwd is 15.5 but I Do Not Want That Big of an Implant What Can I Do?

I am 5'7 @ 155lbs , 2 children. my bwd measured by a ps is 15.5. I had BA and had removed 2 yr ago (375cc) I am now wanting a significant lift with BA but do not want to go as big as before, but the dr is saying I HAVE TO go at least 375cc bc my bwd. Im so upset bc I just wont do that again it was straining on my neck and back and I wore a 36DDD/F. Is there any way that the PS can give me a signif lift to compensate for my bwd so that he can use 280-300 cc instead?

+1

A smaller implant can be placed or no implant at all if you already have a great deal of volume.  The breast lift without an implant may be more reasonable.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Breast width is a measurement to be used as a guideline Without doing the measurement myself, I can only say that I question it. I have a rather large breast practice, , and other than on an occasional markedly overweight women seeking breast reduction, I can't remember measuring a breast that wide. 

Even so, the consequence of too narrow an implant would be not filling out the entire breast--the lift should take care of that. 

I would suggest getting some other opinions, and choosing someone who is comfortable helping you achieve your goal.

Breast too big breat augmentation

+1

Hi,

Your plastic surgeon is wrong.  You are not married to that implant size because of your bwd.  This is a measurement that can be used as a tool to determine the implant size but the choice of the implant size is yours.  If you were too big with the implant you had, then you can go down as needed.  Also some tissue can be taken off with the lift to help with the decrease in size desired.

Check out other opinions or talk candidly to the doctor.  We all want the patient to be happy.  Suppose you wanted to increase your size to 600 cc.  Any doctor that tells you that you cannot get that is wrong.  Sorry ps's but when you do 5000 plus implants, you can be quite straightforward with your answers.

Patients determine the size.  Not a measurement etc.

Lastly, suppose you are the dancer that weighs 120 pounds and wants 700 cc implants.  Can you get them?  Of course.....you can accept the implants quite easily.  To some they may appear large but to your dancer friends, they are just fine.  To each her own.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon