Colored Tattoo Removal? Light Blue/Turqoise (photo)

I have had this tattoo for just about 2 years now, and have recently decided to commit to Laser Tattoo Removal. Most tattoos I see being removed are often black. Never have I really found before/after photos of a tattoo with colors such as light blue/turqoise. After doing some research, I have found that these colors are not by any means easy to remove. My realistic goal is to have the tattoo faded drastically enough to completely cover it up with something more meaningful. Any insight?

Laser for fancy custom colors

+1

You are right in being concerned. The lasers we have work best on black and dark blue tattoo ink, then green and red. Aqua, yellow, orange and other custom colors are infinitely harder to remove. The lighter custom colors are most often mixtures of other inks and respond poorly to our lasers. I always tell patients it takes from 5 to 15 treatments to remove a tattoo, sometimes less, sometimes more. The more professional and custom the tattoo, the harder it will be to meet your expectations.

Miami Dermatologist