I Need an Idea if I Can Do Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck or if I Would Need Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hey I'm 25 years old I have 2kids,had a breast augmentation done few years ago and ended up pregnant now I have this huge stomach and I can't lose it at all the more I work out the fatter and heavier I get surgery is only thing I can think of to help but I'm confused on if I'm able to just do lipo or if I need a tummy tuck and wether I can do a mini or if it has to be a full tummy tuck please help ! I will get a consultation but my time is limited due to work n kids so this will ease my mind

Weight needs to be addressed before Tummy Tuck

+2

Thanks for your question and pic. I really like TT patients to have a BMI closer to 25 to try and reduce postoperative complications and to gain the best result. You are definitely not going to get enough improvement with a mini TT. A personal consultation will help sort out your options. Best of Luck!

What to do with big belly? Surgery v Diet Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello Achatal88,

This is a great time to get ahead of your weight gain with a change in your eating habits.

The good news is that you are still young and your skin has some elasticity.  If, on a weekly basis, you could start with small modifications to your diet, you could lose most (if not all) of what you gained and forget about the surgery.

Also, exercise is always a challenge but take the stairs instead of the elevator, park farther away from stores and walk, get up a half hour ealier and walk around your block.  Colorado Springs is one of the most athletically inclined communities in the country- take advantage of it!

Surgery is always an option but not a great one if you are overweight and your weight is fluctuating.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

TT Lipo ot diet

+1

There ae different ways to approach this problem; one is the ideal, and that would be loosing the weight and tightening what is left, if needed.

There is however a compromise way where you have a procedure, get the ball moving loose some weight and accepting the improvement acheived or accept another surgical procedure.

the third way is to have lipo and TT at the same time but the fear is that if you have not been able to acheive a disciplined diet you and will regain the fat and laxilty. Should you go that route I would at least loose a predetermined weight like 10 or 15 lbs before allowing yourself the surgery.

At the end of the day it is your decision not your doctor, you will always be able to find a Dr who will do what you realy want!

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Lose Weight Before Tumkmy Tuck

+1

Ideally you should try and lose some weight to get down to a level where a tummy tuck would produce a more significant result. While you can have a tummy tuck now, it would not be as beneficial as if you were 15lbs to 25 lbs lighter.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, or Mini-Abdominoplasty in the overweight

+1

You are a candidate for no type of surgery other than, perhaps, bariatric surgery to help you lose weight. However, the best way to lose weight is by modifying your diet a little at a time until you have reduced the amount of carbs and sugars in your diet until the carbs, protein and fat are equal and the carbs are low glycemic and unprocessed. Do not use sugar substitutes, as the idea is to reduce your taste for sugar. No exercise is going to help until you change your diet. Get Drs. Rosen and Oz's book "You On a Diet," or seek professional help to lose the weight.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

I Need an Idea if I Can Do Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck or if I Would Need Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

A tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back will give you a much nicer shape.  With regard to weight loss, I know that every patient cannot get down to a goal weight.  As long as the operation can be performed safely, that is my main concern.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

FIRST DIET

+1

Get surgery out of your mind until you get a control of your weight. You need to get  your BMI below 30 to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Until  you get your weight under control surgery will be a waste of your time and money. There are loads of docs out there who will do anything for money -- fine one who will do right by you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Pregnancy after a tummy tuck...what can I do?

+1

It appears as though you need to have your muscles re-tightened.  However, I can't give you an exact answer without examining you.  A full tummy tuck will most likely be required to tighten the entire abdominal area as a mini can only really tighten the area below your belly button.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

What do I need? lipo vs partial or full tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. You will get the best results with a full tummy tuck and VASER liposuction of the abdomen, bra rolls, waist, hips, thighs. you will not need to have your umbilicus detached and transposed. Your BMI is 29 and you should get a great result. See a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring. Not all tummy tucks look the same! Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon