I had breast augmentation for my tuberous breasts. I now have large areola and scars. Would a revision improve the look? (photo)

I want to reduce the implant and size of my areolas. Is this feasible?

Areola are scar revision and smaller implants are your best option

+2
I'm very sorry to see that you're unhappy with the results.  The areola are scars are unacceptable and need to be revised.  Smaller breast implants may help reduce the chance of spreading of the areola are incision and a pursestring suture may help as well.  You may need a small vertical component to the lift on the left side.  I'm very sorry that you are however having this result, please consult and experienced board certified plastic surgeon for revision.

Large Areolas after donut lift?

+2
Dear Mkshkime,
Thank you for your post.  Clearly you have failed a peri-areolar lift.  =(  I would suggest a revision lift and convertion to a vertical lift.  We need to take the tension off of the areolas causing them to be so wide with wide scars.  The following is an example of a vertical lift.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

+2
revisional procedures are an option, but i would wait at least 3 months before considering any revisions.  please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.
best wishes,
dr. basu
houston, tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1
YES! Switching to smaller implants and reducing the size of your areolae should improve your results.  Definitely look into this and discuss with your surgeon.  If you want to find a new plastic surgeon, make sure you consult with board certified plastic surgeons. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Areolar revision and lift

+1
Hi Mishkime,
I'm sorry to hear of your experience with your first surgery.  But, you are thinking along the right lines for a revision: a good possible course of action would be to use a smaller implant to reduce tension across the areolar scars, an areolar reduction, and conversion to a T-type mastopexy.  You should seek out a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast revision surgeries.  Best wishes,
-Erik Hoy, M.D.

Erik Hoy, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

+1
It is possible to revise your breast lift/augmentation. This would require decreasing the size of your implants .  Reducing the size of the implants would decrease the tension on your skin. It may be necessary to convert to a vertical type breast lift. Hope this helps.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+1
What you desire is absolutely possible and should have been suggested T your first procedure

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Revision of tuberous breasts treated with augmentation and periareolar lift

+1
It is unfortunate that you have a poor outcome.  A revision can improve your shape and scarring.  I would recommend a bit smaller implants, improving the position of the implants, and a revision lift.

Peter Kreymerman, MD, FACS
Morehead City Plastic Surgeon