I Am 5'9", 143 Pounds. Very Fit, Muscular. 36A. Size Advice Requested? (photo)

I am thinking no larger than 300cc. I want the roundness, tear drop look but nothing over board. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

#Breastimplant selection

+2

Choosing the right implant for you requires a thorough exam in person and a review of your general goals. Good luck.

Implant Sizing #breastimplants

+2

When picking the right size there really is a very specific way to do this. I crossfit with lots of women that look like you, ripped, and have even placed implants in a few of them. So here is the deal. What size implant is based on the width of your breast. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of expertise in this area. The main thing you should be concerned with is whether to put the implants under or above the muscle. I do recommend to many athletic women who do a lot of pectoralis work to place the implants above the muscle to avoid what we call an animation deformity over time. What can happen is the force of the pectoralis muscle can push the implants towards the armpit over time. Being that said there are pros and cons to going above the muscle. The con is that if you have thin skin with not a lot of soft tissue coverage you are more prone to seeing rippling of the implant shell. I have placed the new teardrop shaped implants into many women with your shape and I love the look. Very nice teardrop shape. They are more expensive, however. The size implant you get is based on so many things that you will discuss with your surgeon.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Your Vision is Key in Implant Sizing

+2

The most important element in selecting the correct implant is your vision. Communicating your goal as specifically as possible and verifying that your surgeon is "on the same page" is necessary to your achieving your breast augmentation goals. To achieve this during our consultation, we integrate:   1. Sizing with try-on implants; 2. Dimensional Planning using measurements to determine the size and shape of the implants that will fit; 3.Three Dimensional Computer Imaging  using your image so you can see an image of what your results can look like with alternative size and shape implants. Every body is unique: imaging of your own body is potentially much more helpful to you than looking at other patients' before-and after photos. Together, these elements lead to greater precision in the planning and performance of your breast augmentation.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+2

The best way to determine appropriate implant size is by dimensional planning. Multiple breast measurements are taken to determine the range of implants that will work for your body. We then review before and after photos to determine what you like. Sizing is confirmed by trying temporary implants in a bra. We also use sizers at surgery to confirm that the implants will look like the photos you selected. This can only be done with an in person consultation. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery, particularly breast augmentation. Look for someone who is a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Muscular and Athletic Breast Augmentation.

+2

Dear Bkind,

Thank you for your post.  You have an exceptional physique.  You should really choose implants not on cc's but based on your body dimensions.  First you need to measure your breasts width.  This is your ideal width not your current width.  If you have a natural gap between your breasts, this gap will be 'augmented' after the augmentation if it is not dealt with.  Choosing an implant too narrow or creating the pocket too separated will keep this gap.  Once this implant width is chosen, you then pick the profile of the implant based on desired cup size.  Since you are an 'A' and sounds like you desire a modest augmentation, you will be looking at Moderate Profile implants.  I wound specifically look at the highly cohesive silicone implants or 'gummy bear' implants as they are commonly called. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Advice

+2

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

I Am 5'9", 143 Pounds. Very Fit, Muscular. 36A. Size Advice Requested?

+2

Chances are that size will give a balanced look. I would suggest trying on implants to get a rough feel for the expected outcome. An actual exam will be the only way to give specific advice. 

All the best 

Guidance

+1

Dear Bkindrunner,

Choosing the right size and type of implant for your body is a very personal and important decision. First you need to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I'd love for you to come in for a consultation so we can discuss what you envision as your ultimate goal. I've helped many woman achieve the results they hoped for and I would like the opportunity to help you succeed in yours.

Christine Rodgers, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Thanks for your question.  I base breast implant sizing upon the dimensions of your chest wall, the amount of breast skin present, the amount of skin elasticity, and the patient's goals.  That being said, 300 cc's is a sizeable implant for someone as thin as yourself.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

How to pick a size

+1

Picking a size requires reading your mind. Measuring with rulers seems intelligent. Using computers with 3-D planning is cool. None of that matters. In order to make you happy after your surgery, the surgeon needs to "know your look after augmentation". In my opinion, this comes from showing your surgeon the look you like in a tight top, with implants inside the brassiere. If you compete in bodybuilding, consider going outside the muscle. If not, stay under. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you trust. Best of Luck!

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon