At what age would Rhinoplasty be acceptable to be performed on a person? I'm 17

I have a curved nose that droops a little in the front; my nose is a bit crooked to one side than the other as well... Also, what are the average costs for this type of cosmetic surgery?

+1
Most females have completed growth by 16 and males by 18.  Growth should be complete before a rhinoplasty is performed.

How old do you have to be for a rhinoplasty

+1
Dear M0733,

• If you are 17, that is generally a good age that you can start considering a rhinoplasty
  • You just need to have gone through your growth spurt
  • The average costs in your area can be found on RealSelf, and surgeries can range from 4k to 15k+
  • Although price is important, don't let it be the most important factor when deciding your surgeon, sometimes you get what you pay for
  • This will be a nose you will live with for the rest of your life, choose your surgeon carefully
  • Keep in mind that the first surgery is not as expensive as a revision

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD