Who is a good candidate for botox?

This is just a general question for all the people out there who want to learn more about when to get botox.  How do I know if I am a good candidate for cosmetic botox injections?

What Botox can do for you

+3

Botox can be used for a variety of issues:

• Lines and wrinkles caused by excessive muscle movement in the face
  • Slimming of the lower face in certain people with large masseter muscles
  • Treatment of severe migraine that doesn't respond to other medication
  • Excessive armpit and hand sweating
  • Many other medical indications

If you're concerned about one of the issues above, you should consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for specific answers. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and good candidates

+2
Great question, botox or dysport, are useful to help reduce deep wrinkles from muscle movement or if used early enough can help prevent the formation of wrinkles from movement. Commonly it is used in the forehead, around the eyes and nose. Other areas it can be used include the neck and lower face.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox candidates

+1
BOTOX candidates are those who wish to soften lines and wrinkles caused from excessive muscle movements in the face. If you notice wrinkles with facial expressions, BOTOX can help to soften the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles. To determine if you are a candidate for Botox, look in the mirror and perform the following movements, smile, raise the brow and contract your eyebrows toward each other. If any of these movements bring out lines that bother you, then schedule an appointment with an experienced physician who can discuss your treatment options in detail.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best Candidates for Botox

+1
A good candidate for Botox is someone who wants to rejuvenate their appearance by diminishing facial wrinkles. Botox can be used to treat wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth, eye, and forehead area. Botox can be used as a preventative measure for patients in their 20s and 30s in order to maintain smooth, youthful skin. I would advise you to visit a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, occuloplastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to assure the best results possible.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Who is a good candidate for Botox?

+1
Botox is a fantastic option for patients who would like to treat dynamic lines that appear in the forehead, crow's feet, the glabella, smoker's lines, and bunny lines around the nose. Botox can also be preventative. For example, if an individual frequently frowns, Botox can decrease the frowning, thus decreasing the lines that will appear in the future. When considering treatment with Botox, I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. Each is a fantastic choice, and will be able to advise you following an in-person exam. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Best candidate for Botox injections

+1

Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking candidate for Botox injection should be healthy, with no chronic neuromuscular or other serious medical illness.

It is important to understand what Botox can do because the indications are very specific.

Botox is an injectable medicine that is placed into muscles of facial expression to reduce the strength of muscle contraction.  Only wrinkles or facial lines that are caused by contraction of muscles can be improved with Botox.

The most common use of Botox is to reduce the strength of muscle contraction to improve frown lines, crows feet, and forehead lines.

Very advanced deep dynamic line such as these in older individuals who have severe facial aging often do not respond well to Botox treatments.Please see the link below for further information

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Who is a good candidate for botox - speak to an expert

+1

The real answer is to have your skin and wrinkles assess by a skin expert such as a dermatologist. Botox is typically used for wrinkles due to movement ("dynamic wrinkles") such as the forehead horizontal lines, frown lines and Crow's feet. It can also be used for bunny lines on the nose, smoker's lines around the mouth, dimpled chins, and to raise the corners of the mouth. Botox and other botulinum toxins like disport are very safe and effective in trained hands, and can be used as a treatment for wrinkles, but also preventatively. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Treatment for lines

+1

Botox Cosmetic is injected into muscles to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and in the area around the side of the eyes improving the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist so that they may evaluate your concerns and see if Botox would be appropriate for your concerns. During your consultation you will be informed of how many units you will need for you desired results. Often times these consultations are complimentary and are the best way to get your questions answered.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Who is a good candidate for botox?

+1
Botox is commonly used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the forehead, eyes, and nose and can also be used to prevent future wrinkles from forming. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Botox candidates

+1
Hello.  Botox is useful in the upper 1/3 of the face, in the treatment of wrinkles caused by underlying muscle contractions (also known as dynamic lines).  By relaxing the underlying muscles, Botox, Dysport and Xeomin smooth the lines.  Hope this is helpful.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon