Would It Be Appropriate to Ask for a Refund for Labiaplasty? (photo)

Unexpected healing complications occurred- stitches fell out due to dramatic swelling. It has been three months and I am still extremely sore. Doctor was brief prior to surgery, did not inform me of any possible complications- after surgery said he had never seen anything like it before. I know he's not an expert in the field. Has now offered to redo the surgery for free since I look EXACTLY the same as before surgery with labia minora and clitoral hood protruding. Do not want him to touch me

Requesting refunds after surgery

+2

No, it would not be considered appropriate as a service has been done.  Granted the results are not even close to what you say you desire but your surgeon has offered a no cost revision for you.  Before you have this done, you must make absolutely certain your doctor knows what you expect.  From your photo, it appears your labia majora have to be reduced too.  Yet, how long after your surgery did you take your 'current' condition as it still looks swollen?  But you shouldn't expect a refund.  But you can expect a revision to make things look closer to what you desire.

Refund for Labiaplasty?

+1

Dear SE,

Thank you for your post.  Probably best to be seen by a surgeon experienced in the type of procedure you are having.  Consents should be discussed to your satisfaction when you sign it.  Be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Would It Be Appropriate to Ask for a Refund for Labiaplasty?

+1

I don't think it would be appropriate to ask for a refund since you paid for a service and the service was performed.  Remember, no one can guarantee results and complications are a possibility with any surgery.  He did offer a revision for free.

As far as your other questions, possible complications should be discussed and usually they are spelled out in the consent forms you signed.  You also mentioned that he was not an expert in the field - if you knew that ahead of time, you should considered going to someone who does this operation frequently.

Rigo Mendoza, MD