Breast Looks Deformed After Simple Biopsy, Could This Be Torn Ligament?

About a month ago I had a biopsy in my left breast in the upper corner and noticed after I took the adhesive strips off that there was a line/slash indent going down the side of my breast and is very noticable. When I touch this line, feels like a string. Will this go away over time? Looks like my breast is deformed. I have read that a breast biopsy should not cause any damage to the shape of the breast. Could this be a torn ligament or tendon, and if so, what can be done about this?

+1

Unfortunately, online consultants will not be of much help to you.  Generally, breast “deformity” after biopsy is related to contour depression/scarring that occurs after removal of breast tissue. Contrary to what you have heard, depending on the amount of breast tissue removed, even breast biopsies can be “deforming”. Ligaments are not involved.

Probably best for you, considering that you are one month out of the breast biopsy procedure,  to continue to exercise patience. Allow for inflammation to resolve. Somewhere between 3 to 6 months from the time the procedure was performed will be best to evaluate the aesthetic appearance of the breast.