Color of Port Wine Stain After Pulsed Dye Laser?

I had my pulsed dye laser last saturday in my portwine stain. It look like a balck eye under my eye is this really the color after the treatment until when this black color will be gone. I hope to hear feedback. Thanks

Dark discoloration of port wine stain after treatment with port wine stain

+1

A port wine stain will become blue and purple after treatment with a pulsed dye laser because it is as though it has been bruised.  It can take 10 days to 2 weeks sometimes for this discoloration to fade.

NORMAL??

+1

Yes, this normal and will resolve with time. It does help to massage the area. The pulse dye laser is normally considered the gold standard for treatment of a pot wine stain. Anticipate this change and discoloration will occur with each treatment.  Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Port Wine Stain After Treatment

+1

Hi Angie.  Yes, a port wine birthmark will get very dark maroon after treatment because it is bruised.  Your practitioner should have told you this before treatment and/or showed you photos.  It will typically take 7-10 days to resolve.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/vascularBirthmarksBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx