No Color in Areolas Following Mastopexy/augment Surgery? (photo)

I am 7 mos. post mastopexy/augment. I have lost all color in my areolas, which i understand can happen. My question is, will it ever come back ? If not, what are my options ??

Of course they are going to be completelly recovered in a few months only be patient

+2

the  shape is wonderfull and scar is quite excellent  so patient please  take a look to newest technique to realize this  with minimum  scar and  breasts cancer  prevention

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

No Color in Areolas Following Mastopexy/augment Surgery?

+1

A before posted photo would allow us to compare the color hues of your areolae. But in any case I doubt any more color return can be expected. Consider color tattooing.

Loss of nipple areolar color

+1

You should consider a medical tatoo of the nipple areolar.  This is common for breast cancer patients with excellent results.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Areolar color

+1

Your result looks good.  The pigment may improve but as suggested below a tattoo from a medical tattoo artist (used by plastic surgeons all the time for breast cancer patients) is a great option and would be easy to do.  I would ask your PS what they reccommend and odds are they already have a person who does their areolar tattoos for cancer patients or know of such a person in your community.  Best, Dr. Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Areoalar Pigment

+1

Loss of areolar pigment is not uncommon and unlikely to return after 3-6 months.  Tattooing is a good and inexpensive option to help with recolor this area.  Good Luck.

Tripti Burt, MD

An uncommon problem

+1

Yes, this pigment loss can sometimes happen after breast lift.  If you haven't seen an improvement by now, it's unlikely the areolar color is going to return.  Micropigmentation - tattooing - is the preferred treatment.  Most breast reconstruction specialists have someone in their office that can do this well for you.

All the best!

Thomas Fiala, MD

+1

This is an occasional occurrence after breast lifting. By seven months if there has been no improvement, this is most likely permanent.  Tattooing can be done to correct the pigment. Some surgeons are quite proficient at this. Others refer patient to a tattoo artist. 

All the best. 

Areola tattooing

+1

Hello cmoore,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  If you are not seeing any more improvements of the areola color at this time you may want to consider areola tattooing.  This can be done with ink or without (needle trepanation) by your plastic surgeon or a medical tattoo artist.  I would consider the needle trepanation first as it might stimulate the pigment in the areolas to increase.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD