Color of Draining Tubes Different After Tummy Tuck?

why is one side of my drain tubes has a dark red and the other drain tube is lighter red. I had a tummy tuck surgery 1 week ago...I have 2 jackson pratt tubes..... one tube is draining a dark red and the other one is draining a lighter red. Also my pubic area is flat but above that it's bulgy kinda looks like fat? I wonder if he cut enough skin and if he could of stretched it out more?

Different colored blood draining post tummy tuck surgery

+1

Dear Kleopatra,

It is normal that both tubes drain different colored blood; the dark red drained fluid is mostly old blood that resulted from the surgery.

You have to take into consideration that you are only one week post-surgery.

As for the bulging area, it could be swelling pretty much. Time is the key as when swelling is resolved then better diagnosis could be given.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Draining fluid after a tummy tuck

+1

The color of the drain fluid may me very different from one side to the other.  This is really not and issue.  The swelling over the pubic area could be fat or swelling.  The fat in that area can not be aggressively de-fatted  due to the blood flow issues.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD