Should I Get a Second Nose Job? (photo)

I had a nose job performed 2 years ago. Since then my nose has being shrinking and I have had breathing problemas; the cause is that the nasal turbinates are too big for my nose. I'm having a surgery to have them removed in about a month but I don't like the way my nose looks since it is too small. Is it recommendable for me to have (besides the surgery in a month) another nose job to get it bigger? Is that even possible? If yes, what are the consecuences, thanks! See my before-after pics.

Bigger Nose with Rhinoplasty

+3

I think your nose looks good as it is, and, if the cause of your breathing problems is due to the turbinates, I would not necessarily recommend an additional rhinoplasty.   However, the nose can be made to appear larger.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision surgery

+2

Full examination must be performed, but turbinates should not be removed. They can be made smaller if you have allergies, but you may have nasal obstruction from your previous surgery. This would require grafting to correct.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Nasal Surgery

+2

It is difficult to evaluate your nose based on the photographs you have supplied.As far as the nasal turbinates, if they are the cause of obstruction you may have some improvement from resection.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Should I Get a Second Nose Job?

+2

Very hard to review posted photos! But ask your surgeon if additional cosmetic nasal surgery is indicated. I think NOT! 

Enlarging Nose with Revision

+2

It is difficult to evaluate your nose with the pictures submitted, but if you want to change the appearance do that at the same time you have the turbinate reduction. Both procedures can improve your breathing.

Revision rhinoplasty surgery

+2

Dear delpi,

• Your nose does look nice, it is tough to tell if it is too small for your face without seeing your eyes
  • You should bring this up to your surgeon, if it is a facial plastic surgeon, he/she can address both the turbinates and the nose at the same time

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Over-reduction from rhinoplasty can be fixed

+2

Judging from your photos, it looks like the bridge of your nose was lowered.  I can't tell if your tip was also narrowed from these angles.  When the bridge is lowered and/or the tip is narrowed, there is the risk that collapse of the cartilages results and the nose becomes too small and poorly functioning.  Revision surgery could potentially correct your problems.  The structure that is deficient would need to be replaced with structural cartilage grafts.  It is possible and can lead to a great outcome if you are treated by a skilled surgeon who is experienced with revisions.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty?

+1

While these images are not optimal, from what I see, the nose seems to “fit” the other dimensions of your facial features. I would not recommend another rhinoplasty based on the photos you submitted. However, given that you are experiencing breathing issues, I suggest you see an experienced and board-certified rhinoplasty surgeon for a face-to-face opinion. Making a nose “bigger” is difficult and must be done very carefully. Turbinectomies will not affect the shape and size of the nose.

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon