Side of Nose Has Collapsed After Revision Rhino, Is this Easy to Fix? (photo)

Hello, I have had one rhinoplasty and one revision, I think the side of my nose has collapsed, is this an easy problem to fix? photo of my nose shows my problem, red circle shows the specific area in question. Thank you Chris

Nasal wall collapse repair

+1

I can see the narrowed area that you're concerned with in your photo. Additional photographic views would be helpful but cartilage grafting can be done to treat this type of problem.

Given that you've already had two surgeries in the area I wouldn't necessarily say that it'd be easy as prior scar tissue would have to be dealt with. Regardless, if the problem bothers you I would recommend consulting with a revision rhinoplasty expert to see what your options are.

Nasal Wall Collapse after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without an examination and a complete set of nasal pictures but this type of cosmetic deformity can be corrected with small cartilage graft. Placement of that graft will depend on whether or not the patient has any associated breathing problems.

You may consider a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment to improve the appearance of the indentation on your nose.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photo:

The surgical solution for your problem is not easy, and might require cartilage grafting like a spreader-graft to improve the indentation in your nose. If you're breathing fine, you should consider a second revision rhinoplasty as a last resort. You may not have adequate nasal-septal cartilage to repair this, and your surgeon may need to use ear cartilage or rib cartilage.

In my practice, indentations like this may be improved with an Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to say what can be done. Very commonly if there is collapse, a graft can be placed to correct the deformity. But, an exam would be best to assess the possibility.

Collapse after rhinoplasty

+1

A straight front view photo of your nose would be more informative and allow a better recommendation. Generally middle vault collapse requires some form of spreader or onlay graft to correct. Whether this will be simple in your case can only be determined by direct exam. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Collapse after rhinoplasty

+1

Hard to tell from the photo you submitted if its the internal or external valve area. More photos would help. Either would require cartilage grafts to correct this. The proper diagnosis needs to be made to know which type would  be required.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon