How to Remove Collagen and Lumps on Lips?

I was injected with some type of collagen inside my lips, and it was supposed to stay for 6 months. It's nearly 2 years now, and it formed painful lumps inside my lips. From outside looks like I have something under my upper lip. Is there any way to remove them?

Lumps in the lips

+1

Juvederm or collagen should be long gone by 6 - 9 months.  If you were injected with silicone then this may need to be excised. 

It was probably not Collagen

+1

Collagen would have been long gone by now. The question is what was injected into your lips. Hopefully, it was not silicone gel. That could be a nightmare. You might want to get an appointment with a good plastic surgeon near you to be examined and discuss your options.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Collagen is not reversible

+1

Odds are you were incorrectly injected into the lips with Evolence. It is notorious for causing lumps in the lips that last for years. Radiesse can do the same thing. One of the reasons Juvederm and Restylane are so popular in the lips if because if there are any lumps they are easily corrected.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist