Collagen Injection to Improve a Stitch Scar?

I have a scar on the bridge of my nose. It looks like a chicken pox scar, but it's actually from falling, which I had to have one stitch put in. It's not major at all, but I'm just wondering if a Collagen injection is the way to go for improvement on it? It just annoys me because it casts a shadow and I don't like that.

Fillers for Scars

+1

There are a variety of fillers which can be used to improve this problem. They include Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and various collagen products. The collagen products available include the older cow collagen products including Zyderm and Zyplast; the newer human bioengineered collagen products known as Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast and finally, a pig collagen product known as Evolence.

Scar Improvement

+1

A scar such as yours may be improved with various techniques, including subcision, dermabrasion and/or a dermal filler injection (e.g. collagen). I would speak with your dermatologist to see which is the best option for your type of scar as it would require a face to face assessment. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon