How to Fix Bad Collagen Injections Under the Eyes?

I had a collagen injection on my eye bags sometime in 1996. Lately, I see some ugly lines and ugly formations on my face. My eyebags became worse now. I'm 50 yeas old but I look more than my age because of these ugly formations down my eyes. How much could it cost for a repair? Thank you.

Collagen Injections

+1
I would also agree that it is highly unlikely that collagen injections from 1996 would have an impact on the scenario described here. The current conditions would appear to be a result of the natural aging process. I would also agree that you may potentially be a candidate for blepharoplasty. However, I find a hands on exam essential to determine the best possible treatment options. The procedure is relatively quick and can range in price.

Collagen injections and eyelid wrinkles

+1

I don't believe the collagen injections you had 15 years ago has contributed to the eyelid wrinkles and eyebags you are now experiencing.  This is part of the normal aging process.  At this stage you would probably benefit from blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) to remove the exceess fat and skin that is cauing the wrinkles and bags.  This surgery takes approximately 1 to 2 hour to perform and  could be done under local anesthsia with some light sedation.  Costs can vary but usually run in the rate of $4,000 to $7,000.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Bad Collagen Injections Under the Eyes

+1

I would have to see what exactly is causing this problem to give you a good answer. Please send pictures and details to info@facialplastics.info so I can better assess your situation.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Photodamage of lower eyelids

+1

The collagen did not leave long term problems as the collagen completely dissolves. The aging process has left you with lines that you don't like. Without seeing you, it is hard to say what procedure can benefit you. See a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in consultation to determine what's best for you. Laser resurfacing, fillers, or even Botox are all alternatives.

Ronald Shelton, MD