Collagen Injections to Increase Face Volume?

Can I use collagen injection to make my face look fatter?

Colagen for facial volume

+2

It would be a waste of your time, money and emotional investment to think that collagen could add facial volume for any signifcant length of time considering the costs that would be involved. There are far better ways, including fillers and sometimes surgery, or a combination, depending on what your anatomical problem actually is.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Collagen for Facial Filler

+1

You can definitely use collagen as a facial filler. The down side is that it will not last very long and there are several better options including the hyaluronic acid fillers, Sculptra, and Radiesse as well as a permanent option of your own fat.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are many better choices for filling out your face

+1

There are many better choices for filling out the face. Collagen injections are great for scars and lip lines but do not provide the volume needed to change the facial contour.

Fat transplantation or injections of Sculptra are the two primary approaches used for this purpose.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Collagen Would Be A Poor Choice

+1

Even in the hayday of the collagen fillers, which preceded the Hyaluronic acid, calcium-based, and poly-lactic acid fillers etc, it was not suggested to physicians that we use this type filler. It is a bit too firm to fill (pun intended) this role. I do feel collagen is somewhat overlooked since it is great for scars and improving lip definition, but it is not a volume filler at all.

The above mentioned fillers all volumize quite well and I think would be the wide consensus choice.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Collagen injections to increase facial volume would require too much product for too short a result

+1

This is not proactical given the volume of product that would be required and you would be better served by undergoing injection of your own fat or possibly the use of a product such as Sculptra to deliver larger volumes with potentially longer maintenance of the result