Can Collagen in Pill Form Be Absorbed and Improve Joints, Ligaments Etc?

I am trying out the Collagen pills from Genacol to see if they can improve some problems I have with joints and ligaments in my ancle and shoulder. There seems to be very little hard scientific evidence that this is possible. Only a small japanese double blind test and personal accounts, which hardly can be called scientific proof. What is your view? Regards Janek Lesniak

Snake oil

I would wait for FDA approval for a medication that works vs. the nonsensical pills they sellon TV. Collagen is degraded in your GI tract and has no way of somehow finding a way to your joint. In the old west, it was called "snake oil." The company will tell you anything you want to hear to make money.