Can Collagen in Pill Form Be Absorbed and Improve Joints, Ligaments Etc?

I am trying out the Collagen pills from Genacol to see if they can improve some problems I have with joints and ligaments in my ancle and shoulder. There seems to be very little hard scientific evidence that this is possible. Only a small japanese double blind test and personal accounts, which hardly can be called scientific proof. What is your view? Regards Janek Lesniak

Snake oil

+1

I would wait for FDA approval for a medication that works vs. the nonsensical pills they sellon TV. Collagen is degraded in your GI tract and has no way of somehow finding a way to your joint. In the old west, it was called "snake oil." The company will tell you anything you want to hear to make money.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.