Can I Use Collagen Cream on my Face Coinciding with Laser Treatment for Acne Scars to Aid the Results?

I am planning to have laser treatment for acne scars on my face. I do not know it will be ablative or non ablative.I bought a cream that says it is rich in marine collagen.I started using it a week ago and i feel that it tightens my skin and reduces the size of the pores.My question is can i use it coinciding with laser treatment to aid the result of laser?Is there any risk of using such products containing marine collagen together with laser treatment (ablative or non ablative)for acne scars?

Laser Treatment and Creams for Acne Scars

+1

It is important to bring this cream with you, to have your dermatologist evaluate its ingredients prior to your laser resurfacing treatment for acne scars.  It is likely that your dermatologist will recommend a specific skin care regimen to follow in the days immediately after your laser treatment.  Usually this regimen consists of gentle, healing creams and ointments, gentle cleansers, and sun protection - though the exact regimen depends on whether you are having ablative or nonablative laser resurfacing treatment.  After the initial post-treatment period, your dermatologist may be comfortable with you restarting the collagen cream, but you should confirm this with them.