Does Cold Weather Affect Rhinoplasty Results?

Hello, this week is my 6th week after the surgery and I can do all kinds of social work, but because of my job I am always outside, although it is winter I still use sunblocks. My question is does cold weather affect the results? Sometimes I feel like my nose is about to freeze but I have tostay outside because it is a huge part of my job. Also I dont know what to do with the black heads? Thank you.

The blood supply to your nose in cold weather can affect your rhinoplasty surgery

+1

The blood supply to your nose has certainly been affected by your rhinoplasty surgery. As a result, your nose will likely be more sensitive to the sensation of cold. Nasal constriction caused by extreme cold weather may also prolong your healing time some.

A simple solution to the blackheads on your nose is light chemical peels. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cold weather

+1

I am not aware of any studies documenting that cold wheather affects your nose. Also, black heads need to be extracted like they would any other place on your face.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cold Weather and Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Because nasal circulation is compromised after rhinoplasty, you will not tolerate extreme temperatures, hot or cold, for several weeks. At this stage the cold will not harm your final result. For black heads, see your dermatologist or aesthetician in your surgeon's office.

Cold weather and rhinoplasty

+1

Cold weather should not have a negative effect on your rhinoplasty outcome.  You may feel more congested than usual in the initial several weeks after sugery.  You may also experience more nasal dryness if you are in a very cold area and exposed to dry heat at home. Otherwise no problem with getting a rhinoplasty in the winter. Good luck with your surgery. All the best, Dr. Vartanian.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

How does cold weather affect the nasal surgical results?

+1

The long term outcome of nasal surgery is not affected by cold weather.

Short term :because of soft tissue undermining and its effect on the vascularity and nerves, the nasal tip may feel colder than usual and abit more numb than usual with almost the feeling that it is not yours.

Be patient since revascularization and reinnervation  will be restored later .

For the black heads,  visit the esthetician at your surgeon's office and she'll take care of those and we'll instruct you how to prevent it in the future.

Erel Laufer, MD