Cold-Subfascial / Silicone / Through Armpit Procedure at Fairly Close Distance from Lexington , SC ?

I am looking for an above described procedure in early spring 2012. Is there anybody performing such interventions in a 500-600 miles radius. If you'd also provide aprox. cost info would be wonderful hence I have to add up with eventual travel expenses. I'm 34 y.o.f., 5'8" tall, 143 Lbs, delta shape[former pro swimmer] ,chest wall tissue above muscle is anywhere between 1.5-2.2cm. Wishing to go from an A to full B cup. Under the muscle is out of question. Many thanks in advance !

Transaxillary Cold-Subfascial Breast Augmentation and selecting a surgeon- surgeon trumps technique!!!

+3

AGD,

I developed the Cold-Subfascial Breast Augmentation after international experience with some of the greatest leaders of our field including Dr. Ruth Graf in Brazil.  By preserving the strong shaping and supportive force of the fascia I am able to obtain a beautifully natural appearing tear drop shape that I simply could not obtain with any other technique.  I do not know of anyone else currently performing breast augmentation this way, but it certainly is something that any experienced and technically gifted plastic surgeon could perform.  Although I certainly feel that this technique is superior to others, you as a patient should shop for the right surgeon over the right technique.  Identical techniques in different hands can produce a significant variation in results.  Find a surgeon with before and after pictures that suit your taste with a good reputation and that you have good working chemistry with.  It is very important that doctor and patient understand eachother and communicate well.  Just because someone claims to perform subfascial placement doesnt mean that they are necessarily good at it or perform it competently.  I commonly take care of out of town patients because my results suit people looking for natural appearance.  I would much rather see you get a dual-plane/subpectoral augmentation from a responsible talented plastic surgeon than see you seek out subfascial augmentation and find yourself in the hands of a less competent surgeon.  I generally recommend that patients focus on finding the right surgeon and allowing them to use their knowledge and experience to deliver the best result with a technique that is proven to work well in their hands.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Subfascial breast augmentation

+2

The pectoral fascia provides no additional meaningful coverage for an implant. Having a subglandular implant puts you at risk for superior pole rippling. Rather than shopping for a doctor who will perform the operation you think you want, try getting opinions from experienced breast surgeons who will explain what approach/implant will give you the best possible result.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Subfasical implant placement

+1

Subfascial implant placement is palcing the implant under the pectoralis fascia under the gland but not under the  msucle. This layer is so thin that to me does not add any more benefit than being subglandular.

Selecting Surgeon for Breast Augmentation?

+1

Frankly, I think you are going about this  planning phase of your breast augmentation incorrectly.

By far, the most important decision you will make in this regard is your selection of plastic surgeon,  NOT the precise procedure/approach to be used. I would suggest you find the most well experienced/ talented plastic surgeon in your  area  and ask for his/her advice after direct examination and discussion of your goals.

You are much more likely to have a successful outcome using this approach then pre-selecting the procedure/approach and trying to find a “technician” to perform the procedure.

Subfascial breast implant placement

+1

The subfascial plane is believed to add some support to a breast implant but not much "padding" like muscle. It is a popular choice in South America but used by only a few doctors in North America.I published an article on the technique about 6 years ago and still use it regularly. Dr. Joseph Hunstad in Charlotte NC has experience with the technique. Calling it "cold" subfascial sounds gimmicky to me though. In any case you would need a consultation and personal examination to determine if it is the right choice for you.

Richard Baxter, MD

Which Plane for Breast Augmentation ?

+1

I agree with Dr. Baxter and Dr. Daniels that it can be a mistake to chose a surgical technique as opposed to chosing a seasoned  highly qualified surgeon to help you decide what will give you the best result.  No ampount of internet research or  reading ahead of time can give a non-medical person the subtleties needed to asses how a sugery is chosen and carried out.  Research your surgeon's credentials thoroughly and then discuss your goals in person.6

Mary Lee Peters, MD