Had Anyone Gotten Cold Sores After Getting Permalip Done?

Help please! I'm tiered of having baby lips and been wanting to get my lips done I've been online for almost 5 hours and I'm very interested in permalips but I'm terrified how my lips would react if I got a cold sore. I'm very prone and get cold sore quick I medicate myself with antibiotics to reduce the spreading. Has anyone experience this or know any information? Please let me know.

Cold sores

+2

Any injection, bruise, chemical peel, or manipulation of the lips can provoke cold sores to appear.  It is easy to prescribe an antiviral to try to prevent this so please speak with your doctor about this concern.

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+2

Hi,

You can take antivirals prior to the procedure to help prevent any outbreaks. Its not a guarantee but it will help. I have never had a patient get cold sores after any sort of lip enhancement.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Cold sores and lip treatments

+2

It is possible to have a herpetic outbreak from any type of lip trauma, including injectables, permalips, or a visit to the dentist. It would be important for you to take medication prior to the procedure, and for awhile after as it heals. In general, to avoid outbreaks, you can be on a regular dosage (i.e., take a pill) every day and you won't have the outbreaks to begin with.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

More than likely you'll get a cold sore...but if you

+1

premedicate yourself with one of the anti-herpes medicines...acyclovir, valtrex, famvir in an appropriate dose then you'll most likely be okay

Ken Landow, MD

Lip Implants Can be Done With A History Of Cold Sores

+1

Any trauma to the lips can activate the virus and create cold sores, which is particularly true in someone with a known history of cold sores. This would not prevent you from having lip implants. You just need to be on antiviral medication for a week before and after surgery for prevention. It is no different than someone having laser resurfacing around the lips with a history of cold sores. This may not completely prevent any cold sores from developing but will cut down on their severity and the duration of their healing.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD