Can I Use Cold and Warm Compresses for Upper Lids Surgery After 5 Weeks? (photo)

I am using warm compress due to little bumps on my incisions. And cold compress is because the eyes still puffy and red. I just started for the past three days and it seems to be helping quite a bit. The swelling is usually worse in the morning. I also noticed one of my left eye is slightly open when I close my eyes. The asymmetry seems to be little bit better everyday. Would all of these goes away over certain period of time. Thanks for sharing your advise and opinion.

Can I Use Cold and Warm Compresses for Upper Lids Surgery After 5 Weeks?

+1

STOP everything until you see in person your chosen surgeon or another surgeon. BTW the posted photos do not demonstrate your issue. 

Redness after eyelid surgery

+1

Dear Pham,

-If your eyelids are red after 5 weeks, I would let your plastic surgeon know

-This could be a low grade infection, allergy, or something else

-Are you putting any ointment on the eyelids because that could be a source for an allergy

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD