Cohevise Gel Butt Implants > Silicone Implants?

I'll be getting butt implants in the US since I can't gain weight & there aren't any canadian doctors specializing in this. However, my only concern is the implant material used for this operation. The seemingly "softest" silicone implant is used, nevertheless, patients say it's hard & unpleasantly palpable. Could my doctor order cohevise gel butt implants at patient's request? I'm fully aware of the risks, no need to remind me. If not possible, I'll be going to the Dominican Rep. Thank you.

Dont go to the Dominican Republic, better to go to the U.S.

+2

First of all, Dont go to the Dominican republic.   Even if the surgeon is a well trained and excellent surgeon (which is usually not the case,) the rest of the quality control that exists in the U.S. is not their.  For example, I have an accredited OR, so by law someone has to come and check my equipment monthly.  If the sterilizing machine does not heat all the was to 212 degress, soem bacteria my be left on the instruments and and I may not know it.  The same is true at every level of the procedure, including obtaining the implants.  Some implants are indeed too firm for buttock augmentation.  Buttock Implants obtained from sientra (silimed,) are made in Brazil but accepted for use in the U.S., and they are fairly soft.  These can and should be used in your surgery.   Finally, it is important the buttock implants be slightly more firm than breast implants as buttocks should be more firm that breasts.  I perform buttock augmentation on at least a weekly basis, if not more often.   I would recommend you look harder for a surgeon in the U.S. to do your surgery even if you have to pay a little more (which may not be the case.)

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Butt implants

+1

Hello  again thick,

I would strongly discourage you from using gel or cohesive implants. I just saw yesterday a patient who had, what looks like gel implants in the butts.This was done in Honduras.  She develoed severe capsule contracture. One implant was low and the other high. Also on one side the skin was hanging over the crease. Unlike breast implants, the buttock are under significant strain . That can rapture the gel implant and cause asymmetry and capsule contracture. With the very soft silicone implants this complication does not occure. The butt feels and looks natural. You can call my office and leave your phone number and I'll have few of my patients call you and tell you about their experience with the solid soft silicone implants.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Implant

+1

Buttock Implants are made from the softest silicone rubber. You can not order a cohesive gel for buttock implants otherwise it can rupture.

The palpaility of the implant depend on the size of the implant and position of the implant.

If you are realistic about the size and remain within the size that your buttock measurements can accomodate  and the implant is placed within the muscle the chances of palpability is less, but not zero. Choosing the right physician Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) with experience is very important.

The surgery is done under general anesthesia, outpatient surgery, stay in hotel for one week to ten days till the drain is removed. then can return