Cohesive Silicone Gel - Ruptured. Replace As Soon As Possible, or Can I Wait?

I have just been advised my Cohesive Silicone Gel Implants have broken after 5 years. Is it importan to have them replaced as soon as possible or can i wait a few months?

Ruptured Silicone Gel Breast Implants?

Assuming you have a reliable source of advice available to you  (for example a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon) and there is a  reliable diagnosis of ruptured silicone gel breast implants ( for example MRI study),  then you should have the breast implants removed/replaced in the near future. Although it is not an emergency, I would advise my patients not to wait a “few months”.