Will Cohesive Gel Implants Fill Out? (photo)

I feel just had my ba done on the sixth and I went with 540cc natrelle implants under the muscle crease incision I feel that my breasts aren't as big as I thought they would be... I'm just wondering if my breast will gain anything in size once they drop or will they pretty much stay the size they are now.. Answers would be great I'm really starting to think I should have gone bigger

540 cc Implants Too Small

+1

Early after breast augmentation, the muscle can tend to blunt the size of the implant.  As the implant drops, the implant may look less compressed and the breast may look larger.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Not big enough.

+1

Thanks for you post. Your 540 cc is certainly considered a big breast implant. It may take a bit longer for the breasts to stretch, so being patient is important. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Are my results 'big enough'?

+1

Thanks for your question and your concerns are a valid one, in fact its the most common amongst my patients.  Regardless, please realize that you are significantly fuller, you have a good initial result that is expected to improve with time, and you can use padded bras if you need th extra volume for that special dress.  You will not suffer from the Cinderella Syndrome when you get home and undress.   Your breasts appear to match your body well and your results will still provide you with a boost in your confidence and shape.  Focus on your recovery and if, after you have adjusted to them and accepted them into your body image, you feel they are still too small, discuss your concerns with your surgeon as you will have to accept all of the risks and costs of your initial surgery again should you decide you must go bigger.

Curtis Wong, MD

Smaller look than anticipated after breast augmentation

+1

Dear Natasha,

Thank you for sharing your post-op photo.

Without your pre-op photo it is hard to provide you with a solid advise.

Nonetheless, it seems that you have pretty good results.

As for the size, more definition will take place once the swelling subsides and the implants take their definitive and final position. After all, you are at about 1 week post-op based on your post. Once the recovery process comes to and end, you will be able to judge the results of your surgery including the size of your breasts.

I encourage you to be a little more patient and to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously.

Please remember that you and your surgeon are a team and the more successful the team operates the better your end results will be.

I hope this helps and thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implant choices

+1

Cohesive gels wil not add anything to your result.  If the size is an issue then there must have been a miscommuication with your surgeon. 

Bigger

+1

You have a fantastic result and i think you were sized very well. Stop overthinking this and enjoy the new look

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Will Cohesive Gel Implants Fill Out?

+1

No to the question. But you early result looks great! The issue is the size chosen. Seems to be a breakdown in communication. 

Do Breast Implants Appear Bigger Over Time?

+1

A 540cc implant is a sizable implant. All implants when first done appear a bit smaller than they eventually will be because the skin and/or muscle must stretch to accept the new breast size. As you are doing, wearing the strap helps in this process of stretching the lower part of the breast. No decisions should be made regarding size for at least 6 months.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Will Cohesive Gel Implants Fill Out?

+1

As the implants settle into place, they will look different, filling the lower pole out, and decreasing the upper pole fill. I usually feel that they look larger when that has occurred, but other may disagree--it is highly subjective. I would recommend patience for 3 to six months before making any decision about size change--lots of women who were sure they needed larger (or smaller) implants at first have changed their minds by then.