Whole Face Resurfacing Using Coherent Ultrapulse CO2 Laser?

My cosmetic surgeon says he does not recommend a Facelift although I had a bit of sagging, a full facial resurfacing with a Coherent Ultrapulse CO2 laser would have better results as this would eleminate the lines between nose and top lip and elsewhere more effectively. The thought of having my skin burned off is very scary and I am worried that I may end up with hyperpigmentation and redness. Is the downtime longer than they say? How soon before I can socialize? I do not have the time to hibernate. Can you please put my mind at rest?

Facelift Better Than Ultrapulse CO2 Laser Resurfacing for You

+4

Full face Ultrapulse Laser Resurfacing will leave you hiding out for at least two weeks and red faced requiring make up for 4-6 weeks if proper levels are done to remove wrinkles.

Your facial skin looks excellent and does not have the type of  wrinkles and sun damage that I would recommend laser resurfacing for.

A mini facelift will tighten loose skin and have less recovery time.

Laser resurfacing is the treatment for wrinkles and facelift is the treatment for laxity

+1

Laser resurfacing is used for wrinkles. The CO2 laser is used for deeper wrinkles and the healing time depends on how aggresive the surgeon is. For example the depth of the laser treatment depends on the number of times the laser passes over the skin, more passes, deeper penetration. Also, the settings on the laser can be varied for deeper penetration. Having said that it usually takes between 7 and 10 days to heal after CO2 laser resurfacing.

Good Luck!

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist