Coffee Grounds and Cellulite?

I was watching Live with Kelly one day and one of her guests was a writer from Prevention magazine, demonstrating how certain foods can be used to improve skin and hair. One of the foods was coffee and was demonstrated as rubbing it on the skin where cellulite would be and said that the caffeine from the coffee helps to eliminate the cellulite. Is this true?

Cellulite treatments

+1
  • Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly foods, creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment is Cellulaze

+1

If you have unwanted cellulite the best procedure for you is Cellulaze. Unlike other cellulite treatments, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin. This procedure will get rid of cellulite while helping to thicken the skin as well. Please consult with your surgeon to find out if you are a good candidate.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite, cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulite treatment in Los Angeles with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment

+1

Caffeine has been used for topical cellulite creams.  In my practice, I advocate the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment as an effective modality to improve cellulite.  The procedure has been favorable in my patients. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. I would not suggest coffee grounds as a treatment option. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coffe grounds and cellulite

+1

It sounds like the coffee grounds were used to temporarily irritate the skin to make it look like the cellulite resolved.

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

Unfortunately, there is no evidence that dietary changes can improve of effectively treat cellulite.  If you are serious about cellulite treatment, then you should learn more about Cellulaze.

Cellulaze is a one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Coffee Grounds and Cellulite?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no evidence that caffeine topical or oral or any other botanical reduces cellulite. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon