My BA Surgery is Friday and I Know 700 Cc is Large but on my Body is Was Not. It Was Perfect. Odd? (photo)

I have been told on here that the 700cc is such a huge size however on me anything smaller was barely noticeable. I'm really so confused. I really trust my PS and he himself agreed that that size was quite flattering. I'm 47 5'6 150 pounds with a 36a. Color me confused.

700 cc too large?

+2

Dear NewinPA,

Thanks for your question/photo.  As they say, its just a number.  I never pay attention to cc's, its more about base width of the chest, and projection, i.e. cup size.  The cc's are what they are.  Sounds like you trust your plastic surgeon.  I wish you the best.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

700cc is a large implant but Dimensional Planning is Key!

+2

With a large curvy frame, you may require a large implant to acheive your desired look. If you trust your plastic surgeon, and measurements document that the implant will fit, than this may be the implant for you. If not measurements were taken and sizing was not done with or by the surgeon but rather an office assistant a second opinion may be require. I have patients with large implants and most are extremely pleased. You must remember that the larger the implant and more agressive the profile the less durable it will be. However, if you go smaller than you want and are not happy does it really matter if it stretchs or bottoms out 5 years after the larger device you would have been happy with would have? These are questions only you and a board certified plastic surgeon can answer with a candid, honest assesement of your goals, and thorough discussion of risks and benefits.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+2

Trying implants on in a bra does not always look the same as the same size will look like when implanted. You can really be fooled picking a size this way. I prefer to base the implant size on breast width and desired volume. I use an intraoperative sizer to determine how the implant size will look in the patient before choosing the actual implants. With 700 cc implants, you will at best have very large breast. At worst, they could look too large for your frame.

Donald Griffin, MD

700 Cc is Large but on my Body is Was Not. It Was Perfect.

+2

Trying on implants for size is helpful, but some patients find a size they like but it may not be appropriate to the limitations of their anatomy. 

One guideline is to use an implant that is not wider than the patient's breast. A 700cc high profile implant is 14.5 cm wide, just under six inches. I don't have measurements for you, but my hunch is that is wider than your breast. An implant that large will also be likely to sit high on your chest wall, and the nipple and areola may look too low, and bizarrely so. 

You will decide this with your surgeon, though, and not with our help, which is limited without the benefit of an exam. 

All the best. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Is 700 mL too large?

+1
Thanks for your question. 700 mL is a large implant. However implant volume is very different on different sized body types. 700 mL on you may in fact not be that large of a breast. It is much better to choose based on breast width and implant dimensions, Rather than preoperative breast volume sizing. It is great that you trust your surgeon, therefore bring him pictures of what you want to look like postoperatively and have him make the final decision in the operating room after placing sizers during the surgery. Then let him choose appropriately based on that. In our practice we use three-dimensional imaging, photos, and extensive preoperative consultation to choose the ideal implant size. You should be confident in your decision before going off to surgery. It is never a bad choice to have another opinion. Hope this helps, good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Too Big

+1

Thanks for the photo.  700 cc is too large.  Everyone's practice is different but I have never used a 700 cc implant for a breast augmentation.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Using 700 cc implants

+1

If you have a broad based breast then a 700 cc implant may not be totally unreasonable.  It is a large implant but as long as you want big and your soft tissue can support the implant then you should be fine.  Remember a 700 cc implant weighs just under 2 pounds each.  

700 cc is a very large breast implant.

+1

Women seem to be preferring somewhat larger breast implants at present. 700 cc is quite large. You should be certain that this is the size you want to end up with.

700 cc is just too large

+1

700 cc implants are too large and that is all that should be said.  The potential complications (both surgical and cosmetic) will increase with larger implants.  Obviously it is impossible to determine an exact size with out examining you....500cc would be in the general range.  Trust your plastic surgeron...this choice revolves around surgical issues not just cc.  Cosmetic surgery is not like buying a dress at the department store.

K. Dwayne Fulks, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon