In Breast Augmentation, is 700cc an Unusual Amount when a D to DD Result is Desired? (Photo)

I tried many different smaller sizes of implants and the 700cc saline looked perfect. I was told I would be a probable E cup with swelling and would ultimately end up with a D or DD. however after fluffing occurs will I be back to the E cup I started with while swollen after surgery?

What size implant will give me a

+2

I would recommend the following to try and best size yourself before surgery:
1. Purchase a "D" or "DD" cup size bra that you like.
2. Purchase some cheap pantyhose.
3. Cut the legs off of the pantyhose.
4. Fill the pantyhose with rice until the bra is smoothly filled out.
5. Pour one side into a measuring cup and you can convert this into cc and subsequent breast implant size.
Once you have this number, you can go to your plastic surgeon's office with the bra you have purchased and try on some of the different implants to further narrow down the appropriate implant size.
Although this is not perfect, it is about the best you can do to get the closest breast implant size match for a specific cup size.

I hope this helps!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Cup size after breast aug

+1

700cc is a lot, and you'll probably be very big afterward.  It's hard to give an exact cup size since bras and cup sizes vary from store to store.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

+1

You are describing your personal; decision as to size chosen. Yes 700 cc is quite the rare event. But you have to decide if you feel this is the "look" you want! 

700cc Breast Implant

+1

Many factors go into choosing the appropriate implant for a patient, so it is difficult to give an opinion based on a photo alone. If you were comfortable with an implant that size, it may be the right choice. However, how your skin and other tissues hold up over time with such a large implant remains to be seen.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

In Breast Augmentation, is 700cc an Unusual Amount

+1

Since there are no uniform standards for defining cup size, I am very reluctant to predict outcome in those terms. Having tried on many implants, I would speculate that the 700's will look, in volume, like the 600's or 650's you may have tried on. Whether or not they are appropriate based on breast exam I can't say without having done an exam. 

I would suggest revisiting the possibility of using silicone at that large a volume. 

All the best. 

Implant Size

+1

700 cc's is one of the largest implant volumes available. I believe that this will make you quite large, though there is no way to know what cup size you will be.

Donald Griffin, MD

700 cc breast implants are very large.

+1

700 cc breast implants are quite large and certainly out of the mainstream of the usual breast augmentation patients. Nevertheless, choice of implant size remains with the patient.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.