Feeling Strange!! Will I Ever Feel Like my Breasts Are Not a Prosthetic?

I'm post op now about 5 or 6 weeks. I love love love my breasts and how I look don't get me wrong. But, they still feel "funny" not part of me. I'm supposed to be not wearing a bra but it feels better to wear a sports bra. I'm feeling so strange, depressed. Did I make a huge mistake? Will they ever feel like I'm not wearing a prosthetic? Color me confused!!

Don't worry!

+2

Feeling like your implants are a "part of you" will take some time - several months in fact.  In the meantime enjoy your new look!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Feeling strange

+2

Give yourself some time to get used to your implants.  They will feel like your own breasts within the next several months.  Once they feel softer, you will become very comfortable with them. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

It will probably take several months for you to feel more comfortable with your breasts, give it time.

Feeling Strange After Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+2

Don't be alarmed;  the phenomenon that you are describing does occur occasionally. Patients aren't quite sure how to feel after their breast augmentation procedure.

I ask my patients to wait at least 3 to 6 months before judging the final outcome of the procedure performed.  During this time, many patients undergo a physical and “body image” adjustment period.

Again, at this point, your best friends are patience and time. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource when it comes to advise and meaningful reassurance.

Best wishes;  most likely you will fully “adjust” and enjoy the outcome of the procedure performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Feeling Strange!!

+2

Some people take a little more time to adjust to having ANY sort of prosthesis. Just give it time.  You are only a bit over a month post-op. Also if your surgeon wants you out of your bra for one reason or another, then listen to him/her.  It may feel better to be in a sports bra but there is a reason you need to come out of the bra. Take a deep breath and be patient.  All will turn out just fine. 

Reno Plastic Surgeon

When will my breasts feel like a part of me

+1

You are only a few weeks out of surgery so it's still new to you, not just physically but in your mind too.  Everyone is different so it can take several months to start feeling like they are a part of your body.  Just enjoy them, go on living your life and before you know it, you will have forgotten all about it.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon