Can CO2 Lasers Effectively Tighten Younger Body Skin?

I had a sub-par experience with velashape and want to smooth and tighten a little above the knee and on the inner thigh; also what about elbows?? Thanks!

Fractional CO2 for body tightening and stretch marks

+1

Multiple treatments of Fractional CO2 and Yag laser can dramatically improve the tone and skin resiliency in the knees and inner thighs.  These lasers work in unison to improve skin texture.  In my Santa Monica and Beverly Hills practice, I also augment the lasers with Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM creams. 

Franctional CO2 laser for skin tightening on the body

+1

Fractional CO2 can tighten skin on the body.  The knees and elbows are the best areas to use CO2 laser.  For other areas, CO2 can be effective, but a better choice is Laser Lipo, without actually doing any traditional lipo.  The laser under the skin (Laser Lipo) is more likely to tighten skin in areas like the inner thigh.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Tightening with CO2

+1

Fractional CO2 laser drills tiny columns throughout the skin. As it does so, the skin is vaporized, leading to a tightening effect. Laser CO2 is indicated primarily for wrinkles, pigmentation, uneven skin tone etc. It also does tighten the skin and I have seen great results especially on the face. However, I do not think it is the appropriate device to tighten up loose skin on the knee, inner thigh, elbows etc.  The tightening effect is not impressive enough to be useful in these areas. The co2 is not intended to be a tightening device and I do not promote it in my practice as such. Dr. Behnam, Santa Monica

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon