Will Co2 Laser Resurfacing Be the Most Effective Treatment for Me?

So i have noticebale acne scars, skin/sun damage, and moderate rhinophyma on the right side of my nose. I am 22 years old and naturally fair skinned. However, my face seems moderately sun damaged and along with what i mentioned above. Would co2 laser resurfacing be the ideal treatment for me? If so how many sessions would i need, and how much time lapse must there be after each session. Thanks

Resurfacing acne scars with fractional co2 laser

+1

The fractional co2 laser is safe and effective for acne scars, uneven texture, and rhinophyma.  You will be pleased with the short and long term results.

CO2 laser not recommended.

+1

Hi.

There are other lasers (like two modality erbium) that are safer and just as effective.  The CO2 laser can permanently bleach your skin.  Only one treatment is usually necessary.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

CO2 laser

+1

You may be an excellent candidate for fractional CO2 resurfacing.  You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for assessment.  Fractional CO2 laser can improve acne scars and sun damage.  The number of sessions required depends on the individual.  Treatments are usually 2 to 3 months apart.  You must avoid sun exposure after your treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist