Will CO2 Laser Resurfacing Remove Tattoos?

i have permanent eyeliner and the color bled into the corners of my eyes. will this procedure take the color out, or help fade the coloring?

CO2 laser resurfacing remove eyeliner tattoos

+1

Simple accurate answer is NO! I recommend other less ablative type lasers. That are specifically for tattoo lightening ( noticed I did not say removal), like the Ruby Q switched laser.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Tattoo removal by carbon dioxide laser

+1
CO2 laser can remove thtattoo but with scarring just as sanding with dermabrasion or salt with salabrasion and these treatments might need a few treatments. Ablative fractional CO2 laser might remove the tattoo with multiple treatments but scarring might also occur.Only the carbon dioxide ablative laser (old type) has a focal narrow beam that can trace over the eyeliner tattoo. Pigment specific lasers such as the neo-dynium yag laser would be better but may take multiple sessions.

CO2 laser and tattoos

+1

Any type of resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion, or chemical peel), has the potential to fade the color of a tattoo. The tattoo pigment is deposited at the dermal layer of the skin. Therefore any deep resurfacing that goes up to the dermal layer will have an impact at fading a tattoo up to some degree.

The most effective tattoo removal lasers are the Q-switched lasers because they will break apart the pigment into smaller particles and these can be removed more effectively by the body.

I do not know the reason for your question, but I guess that if you are afraid that your tattoo will get fades after resurfacing the answer is yes. IF the question is if resurfacing is an effective way of removing a tattoo, then the answer is no and you should look for a tattoo removal laser (Q-switched).

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

CO2 laser for tattoo removal

+1

There are many types of lasers available for removing permanent eyeliner. The most effective are the Q-switched ND:YAG, Q switched alexandrite or the q switched ruby laser. I prefer the Q switched yag for the eyeliner since it is more skin complexion friendly. The co2 laser is more ablative and may work to some degree but the healing time is longer and it may not remove all of the ink. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will CO2 resurfacing remove tattoed eyeliner?

+1

Probably not. Many tattoos can be removed by other types of laser. You should go to a physician who specializes in tattoo removal.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon